PEOPLE'S HEALTH TRUST
- an independent charity addressing health inequalities across Great Britain.
KS2 Bath is delighted to announce that we been awarded a grant by People’s Health Trust from money raised by 51 community interest companies through The Health Lottery. This funding means that we will be better able to provide the help and support that carers need.
KS2 Bath is also very grateful for the kind donations over the years from St Mungos and the B&NES Carers' Centre.
Latest news of upcoming and past events........
Hi and welcome to our blog!
We are a group of carers who care for people with personality disorders and other similar conditions. As with a lot of mental health issues, this means dealing with a lot of difficult and challenging behaviour with very little support from statutory services.
The aims of the group are:
- To provide a safe place where people can talk about issues in confidence
- To provide support for each other
- To influence statutory services using the group’s experience and knowledge
- To provide access to training courses
- To help people gain a greater understanding of their situation
- To learn coping strategies
- To get talks from professional bodies
- To provide relaxing respite via trips out
- Meet people who are dealing with similar situations
- Help to reduce the feeling of isolation we all feel
- Help support other people
- Get involved and have the opportunity to make a difference
Meetings will be once per month on the 2nd Tuesday between 7 and 9 PM. Please get in touch for details of the location.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the BANES Carers’ Centre.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We have been made aware of changes to the Statutory Services. Apparently they changed last year, but we, as well as a lot of other people, have only just found out!
Here is a link to a PDF file setting out the changes – Changes to Statutory Mental Health teams (AWP) in B&NES